Tuesday 1 March 2016

It's back, Scia from Grasshopper

A few years back, I advanced on a Grasshopper plugin to generate SCIA Engineer structural analysis data.  For a few different reasons, this stalled and didn't work as successfully as I would have liked.

Late last year I started work again on the ability to convert Structural Analysis IFC files into SCIA, and now I've enabled the same code into a revived Grasshopper plugin.

It's now available from http://www.geometrygym.com/downloads  At present it can generate beam elements with releases, restraints etc.  I will be looking to enable loads, area elements and other features that users might request so please get in touch.

Here's a sample gh script to start with.


2 comments:

  1. Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your articles. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects? Thanks! Dance/Kids Dance Classes in Mathikere

    ReplyDelete