Monday 25 October 2010

Autodesk Robot Geometry from Grasshopper

More explanations and descriptions coming soon.  I'm in the process of developing creation of Robot Geometrical objects within the parametric Grasshopper environment.  Presently this includes polyline base revolutions panels and cladding panels.  I expect further development of aspects such as poly curves (with arcs) and extrusions to be added.  Please report any suggestions, observations and ideas and they will implemented with priority.

Polyline Revolution
Rhino model
Grasshopper Definition

Cladding Panels



4 comments:

  1. Hi, where can I download Autodesk RObot Geometry? Is it freeware?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    The software can be downloaded from http://www.geometrygym.com/downloads (also download StructDrawRhino).

    I do license the tools for commercial work, you can request a student/evaluation license using the rhino command sdrZZLicenseReqeust

    Cheers,

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jon,

    Is there any way to transfer a mesh from rhino to robot using your plugin?

    all the best,

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Matt,

    There is a grasshopper component "MeshToFiniteElements" that can convert Rhino\Grasshopper mesh into Robot as Finite Elements. Robot doesn't permit much user interaction with this mesh subsequently though. I've seen a crash in some circumstances in Robot 2011, I'm informed this crash has been fixed in Robot 2012. If you email me I'll help you further.

    Cheers,

    Jon

    ReplyDelete